The Seven Cent Nickel supports Sherrod Brown

Posted by Brown06 0 comments  





From The Seven Cent Nickel

Readers of the Seven Cent Nickel know that I have been calling for Sherrod Brown to run for the U.S. Senate from nearly the day this blog was launched. And they will also know that while I had expressed some concerns over Paul Hackett, I also said I would support him if he were the nominee. None of that has changed. If Hackett is the nominee, he will get my support. But in light of Sherrod Brown's recent decision to run, I am announcing that I will support Sherrod Brown for for the Democratic nomination for the U.S. Senate.

Sherrod has a long history of service to Ohio and is one of the most progressive voices in Ohio politics at any level. Like his fellow Ohio Democrats, Sherrod voted against giving the President authority to invade Iraq. He led the fight against CAFTA, and broke with his party and President to oppose NAFTA, a law that has cost Ohio thousands of jobs. Sherrod is also a strong advocate for passenger rail (one of my pet issues) and understands that energy issues are as much about homeland security as they are about your pocketbook. In short, Sherrod Brown will be a strong, progressive voice for Ohio in the U.S. Senate.

For the reasons above and more, Sherrod Brown is my pick for the Democratic nominee for the U.S. Senate from Ohio.