Email Response

Posted by Brown06 0 comments  

I got an email from a fellow blogger the other day asking me why he should support Sherrod Brown over Paul Hackett. I thought I might as well post it here (slightly modified). Without getting into specific issues, since it's kind of hard to when Hackett doesn't really have a track record on how he stands on the issues.

I think the primary difference is that Hackett hasn't held a statewide office or an office in which he was involved with national policy. Brown has experience being a Congressman and Ohio Secretary of State, as a member of the House of Representatives he has worked on the issues that the matter to the average Ohioan, such as trade policy. I also think that Hackett comes off as being an inflammatory person, while that might be great for getting the democratic base it is not going to get the all important swing vote in Ohio.